Projects We Support
Asian Elephant Support supports the care and conservation of Asian elephants in their range countries. Here are some projects that meet criteria of support under our mission:
- Programs that implement regular health checks and treatments for elephants in remote camps.
- Training of calves under the watchful eye of their mothers so they can receive medical care more safely and be better prepared for a future under human care.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes for mahouts and veterinarians to help develop careers and communicate their role in ensuring the future of the species.
- Programs for retired elephants that meet the medical, nutritional, housing and social needs of geriatric animals.
- Collaborative projects that seek solutions to local issues of human-elephant conflict where both human and elephants benefit from sustainable practices.
If you'd like to read more about AES and some of our past projects read this article published in Gajah, the bi-annual journal of the IUCN/SSC Asian Elephant Specialist Group (AsESG).
For more information on how to submit a grant request for your project, please visit our Funding Requests page.